In the time of rainy seasons, if you wish to go for camping but the season is forcing you to cancel the predefined plans. Along with this, you do not have a waterproof tent as well, and then you are suggested to make your dry tent a waterproof one. A waterproof camping tent will not allow the tent to penetrate water from it.
Thus, for successful and uninterrupted camping, all you need to have a tent that is free from any kind of risks and water crossing possibilities.
After arriving at the decided location, the trip members have to do the following procedure is required before you start the camping trip:
- Get rid of bugs and dirt: The camping tent should be cleaned from inside before making a start. The camping tent is necessary to be cleaned thoroughly before entering the tent as it might include bugs or insects at a very extreme level that might interrupt your sleep at night. Hence, deeply cracking down the dirt particles and pollutants is also necessary. A soft and smooth-surfaced sponge can be utilized while doing the cleaning process of your tent. It is advised not to use the washing machine to wash your tent.
- Utilize a tarp: A tarp will help you in standing the tent above the ground. The floor of your camping tent must be dried well before making the tent your home for one or two days. The trip members should avoid sleeping in a wet tent, and it is recommended to go for a waterproof tent. A tarp is known to protect your floor and tent from getting water into it. Tents are available of two types, factory taped and factory sealed. The former ones are made up without the waterproof feature, but the latter ones are waterproof. The factory taped camping tents need to be made waterproof by applying a layer of seam sealer.
- Spray the floor: After doing all the cleaning process, now it is the time to make the floor waterproof. There are different kinds of sprays available for making a normal dry tent waterproof and favorable. The inner side, as well as the outer side of the tent, should be made completely waterproof with the help of a waterproof spray. You should maintain proper ventilation while spraying that spray in the tent as it is commonly made from harmful gases.
- Seam sealer: The place where the wall and the floor of the tent get together is the place it is required to apply the seam sealer. The same procedure is done in the case of walls of the tents. In short, the whole tent should be covered with a layer of waterproof tent sprays. A seam sealer came in a tube form and applied where the joint between two fabrics is made and visible. The seams are needed to be attached carefully. The seam sealer is a great thing to cover up the fabric.
- Inexpensive: If you waterproof an old tent, it will cost you much cheaper as compared to buying a new tent. Modifying an old tent will be more profitable than purchasing a new one. It will give rise to your savings more rapidly than before.
Benefits of waterproof sprays:
- Breathable fabric: By spraying the waterproof spray in the whole tent, you are making its stuff more breathable. It will allow you a more peaceful sleep at night.
- Add to savings: The thing you need to know about spraying the tent is that you are not required to spend an extra penny on the new tent except buying a spray bottle of waterproof.
- Less time consuming: By spraying a waterproof tent, it consumes less amount of time of the buyer or seller. It generally takes less time, and instead of making a choice regarding the purchase of a new waterproof tent, you will be having an option of modifying the old tent into a waterproof one.
If you are noticing flakiness in your tent wiping off, then it the right time to apply a new urethane coat all over your tent. It comes in bottled packaging. Scrubbing the coating over your old waterproof tent is the next step after spraying the waterproof spray.
It is as much benefit as a waterproof spray in the seasons of rain and will provide so many advantages when applied properly.
It is the best remedy for the falling of the flakiness of old urethane coating.